The Exhibition, part of Artsplosure’s annual Spring Arts Festival, gives students the opportunity to have their work seen by thousands of
festival participants and win cash prizes. The juried art show will be displayed during the Arts Festival in downtown Raleigh.
AWARDS: $500 in Cash Prizes to winning artwork entered in the juried competition. First Prizes: $100, Second Prizes: $75, Third
Prizes: $50, Honorable Mentions: $25. High School and Middle School entries are judged separately and prizes are awarded as such.
RULES and LIMITS:
● We will accept all media that adhere to the entry rules -- we reserve the right to disqualify any work that does not adhere
to these rules **IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT ALL ARTWORK FOLLOWS THE DIGITAL UPLOAD
● Artwork submitted may not be entered in any other contest at the same time as the Artsplosure Student Art Exhibition;
● All work must be ORIGINAL and may not be copied from a published photograph, magazine or book illustration, or other
artwork in design and execution;
● Students may enter up to 5 pieces each;
● Schools may enter up to 40 individual pieces;
● Artsplosure is not responsible for loss, damage, or breakage;
● Maximum size of 48”x48” on all two-dimensional work (including mat);
● Two-dimensional works must be ready to hang (if chosen)
● Maximum weight: 30 pounds
● All bases must be attached (if chosen)
● No frames, glass, plexiglass or wood strips may be used.
Accepted Mediums (Label your file with one of the following)
Mixed Media 3-D (MM3D)
Mixed Media 2-D (MM2D)
IMPORTANT DATES :
Mon., April 1 Artwork turned into Ms. Barlow (NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED)
● Wed., April 24 – Teachers will be notified via email of students’ acceptance status
● May 6-10, 2019 (10AM-5PM daily) - Drop off accepted art pieces to Artsplosure’s office.
● May 18-19, 2019 (11AM–5PM daily) - Student Art Exhibition in PNC Plaza Lobby
● Sun., May 19, 2019 (4:00 pm) - Awards Ceremony in PNC Plaza Lobby
● May 21-23, 2019 (11AM - 4PM daily) - Artwork must be picked up from the Artsplosure office.